How to Measure and Trace
For Rectangular Cases:
If you are ordering a rectangular casecover requiring measurements, you must submit your dimensions.Please give us EXACT case dimensions. Do not add any extra inches to the measurements. We will add the ease for you.
Use the following guide to provide us your measurements:
For all dimensions, please specify inches or centimeters.
- Length of Case
- Width of Case
- Depth of Case
- For Bassoonists only: is the top of the case to the right or left of the center handle?
* if you have an unusual case, please send pictures and measurements by email.
For Shaped Cases and Instruments
To order a casecover or gigbag for shaped cases and instruments, we need to have a tracing mailed to us if we don't have your case pattern in stock. Here is how to provide us your measurements:
- Measure the Depth of your case at the edge
- Measure the Depth of your case at the center, if different from sides
- Trace your case or instrument on a large sheet of paper
- Identify the location of any handles, knobs, or hinges on the paper drawing
- For Gigbag, mark balance point for handles
- For Gigbag, indicate top and bottom of instrument on your tracing.
Use the following guide to provide us your measurements: For all dimensions, please specify inches or centimeters.
We recommend using a soft tape measure, to curve easily over the tuba.
Make and Model number of your tuba is also required, along with type of piston.
- Bell Diameter
- Bell Length
- Slide Width
- Slide Length